Friday, July 19, 2013

35 Week Update!

How far along? 35 Weeks!

Total weight gain/measurements: 
Still not completely positive here. At this point, it is what it is... I am doing my best to be mindful of what I put into my body, and exercising as much as my tired and VERY pregnant/swollen body will allow. My main focus will be once I am allowed to start working out again after she arrives... and getting my body back :)

Maternity Clothes:
Loose, light, and easy. Lots of dresses, linen shorts, tank tops, flip flops, and occasionally yoga pants.

Stretch Marks:
Just the small ones on my hips. Got some vitamin E oil that I've started putting on those and my belly to keep it extra moisturized... Again - it is what it is! I'm a bit too far along to prevent much from happening at this point. And I look at it now as my "battle wounds" and not as a bad thing.

Sleep:
Getting better actually! I've been more consistently exercising in the morning, which gives me enough energy to make it through the day, and then I sleep through the night. Only getting up to pee once or twice!

Best moment this week:
Hands down it was the "Basics of Baby Care" class that Matt and I attended Thursday night. The instructor was hilarious, although I still feel extremely ill prepared, and Matt was having himself a blast. I am very thankful that he did not say out loud everything that he whispered to me during the lecture! But it was mostly amazing to watch how "into it" Matt was. He took about 5 pages of notes!

Miss anything?
Beer! Wine! Margaritas! I don't think that will ever change. Missing the days of pregnancy when my hair was full and beautiful ... because that's changed again!

Movement:
Less and less. She's getting so big that there isn't much space to move anymore!

Food cravings:
Croutons and Root Beer.

Anything making you queasy or sick?
Nope - thankfully! I definitely get turned off by certain foods, but not to the point that it makes me sick.

Gender: still a girl!

Labor signs: nope... le sigh.

Symptoms: 
Heartburn, swelling in my fingers, ankles, feet, and knees, and finally started experiencing the ever so wonderful Braxton Hicks! Fake contractions are just the best!

Belly button in or out?
Still hasn't popped out yet, it's pretty flat!

Wedding rings on or off?
On ... but it's getting increasingly difficult to remove them. Especially by the end of the day. Sometimes I have to run my hands under cold water to bring the swelling down to get them off. Whoops!

Happy or moody most of the time?
Happy! And moody! It's all getting scarier and scarier as we start to count down the days... but I am SO excited and ready for her to be here!

Looking forward to: 
The Backyard BBQ Baby Shower that Matt's Aunt Debbie is hosting for us tomorrow! And then finishing up our baby shopping! And of course - D-DAY! Ready to meet you, Parker Lou!

No comments:

Post a Comment